“The doctor of the future will no longer treat the human frame with drugs, but rather will cure and prevent disease with nutrition.” ~ Thomas Alva Edison
“One should eat to live, not live to eat.” – Cicero
Maintaining or restoring the optimal health, a pleasant physical aspect, the energy needed for the daily activities are directly related to a healthy nutrition. Nowadays, when media is full of “guaranteed diets”, when detox is on everyone’s lips, the following question is legitimate: “how do I eat?”
Frequently we can answer ourselves. Sometimes we move forward, and we answer the question “how should I eat?”. But, almost always we start with shy changes in our nutrition, frequently unfinishing them because we either don’t’ have the motivation needed, either we procrastinate because of everyday’s fast pace of living, either we abandon them, assuming that they would involve costs we are not prepared to pay, material or emotional ones. The result is, in most instances, an almost permanent discontent, conscious or unconscious, related to the way we look, to the hours we feed, and, certainly, to what is on our plate.
Often cases, the failure is related to the singular nutritional approach, which is extracted from the wider context of the lifestyle and includes a lot more other important aspects.
The scope of the nutritional program includes:
- Restoring and maintaining a healthy weight
- The help offered to the client in (re)discovering the conscious eating and the sensations of hunger, satiety, craving, developing of a healthy relationship with the food, including the nutritional equilibrium
- Identifying and treating the eating disorders (bulimia nervosa, anorexia)
- Identifying and treating the dysfunctional eating behaviors (emotional, compulsive or reactive type)
- Identifying and treating other mental health problems related to eating (mood disorders, somatophorm disorders, self-esteem)
- Regaining optimism, self-confidence, physical and mental health equilibrium
- Offering of personalized nutritional plans, specific for metabolic disorders (diabetes, hypercholesterolemia, osteoporosis), liver disease (hepatitis, fatty liver disease), gastrointestinal problems (peptic ulcer disease, gastroesophageal reflux, irritable bowel syndrome, food allergies and intolerances), hematological diseases (anemias), cancer, food-drugs interactions
- Nutritional plans for physiological stages (pregnancy and breastfeeding, menopause, the elderly)
- Nutritional plans for special cases (bariatric and esthetic surgery, etc)
The first session is devoted to a full evaluation and includes, besides a full medical history, a brief clinical exam, specific measurements, evaluation of laboratory tests and other medical examinations, obtaining additional data related to influences on client’s physical and mental health. (feeding behavior, nutritional choices, stress level, work and lifestyle, social activities).
The sessions are personalized based on client’s needs and objectives, oriented towards reaching health and wellness through a realistic nutritional plan.
The personalized nutritional plan does not contain only recommendation related to the quantity or type of food, but it addresses in a broader approach the individual lifestyle with everything that this entitles.
We aim lifestyle behavioral changes and their maintenance, offering professionalism, expertise, support and motivation throughout the phases of the process.